Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Little Of This & A Little Of That....

We got a burst of energy this week, painting and finishing little details here and there. We've gotten lots done and it seems like things are really coming together....it's starting to look like a real place to live and not a construction zone/storage unit. Here's a look at some of the miscellaneous things we've accomplished....

Thanks to our great friend/neighbor Sally, who wanted to swap out her old chandelier for a smaller one, we were lucky enough to inherit their "old" one! Dustin was able to do the swap but we still need to figure out a way to pay them back since they won't take any "moola" :o) Thanks Sally! I think it looks really nice and has a cool, amber colored glass ball in the center......


Just had to add the pretty flowers that came into full bloom right at our front porch and brighten my day every time I walk by......



We found some cool light switch plates for our entryway at Iron Works in Utah. We were driving home from California and stopped off the freeway at Thanksgiving Point.....


My little boy Ethan shot this picture of me painting some pegs that are going on the top of the wainscoting in the entryway.....



I think the painting in the entryway is getting closer to completion. We still need to do the trim and staircase........okay, maybe not so close to completion! Here's me in a very precarious position trying to hold the paint tray and roll the very far corner of the entryway. It's a good 14+ feet up there!.....


This is a "Before" picture of the fire bell (below) that is in the entryway. If you look at the picture of me painting (above), it's behind the hanging light. We wanted to keep it (it's very loud and could come in handy some day :o)), but I didn't like the gray color and it was all scuffed up. Our friend, John Green, suggested we paint it gold to match the center of the bell and also the green and gold carpet on the stairs. I thought it was a great idea so we grabbed a can of gold spray paint, covered the center and sprayed the rest! Here's the "BEFORE" picture (taken before we even moved in)......


And here's the "AFTER"......


We did a lot more but I'll wait to post until we can get the "AFTER" shots. Thanks so much for reading!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you were up that high painting! Our house would have to stay white, if it was up to me to paint that high! You are brave, or crazy??? :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I like your new chandelier. Are you going to have two in the big room, one in the dinning area and one in the center of the room? I couldn't believe you painted those pegs without protection on your newly stained hardwood floors! I would have been so nervous I would sure to have spilled. You are one brave lady painting that high in your entryway. You really are a wonder woman Steph! Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you are amazing. i have some jobs around my house when you are free! everything is turning out so well. you should all be PROUD!

    ReplyDelete